scribblelogue

A travelogue of scribbling in the margins

7.16.2005

First Post!

Well, to start, I suppose I should post a small cross-section of recent scrawls from the margins of several pads of notes I used for various classes (i.e. Comparative Politics, Arabic); you would be amazed at what pops into your head.



This is a rather Frank Miller-esque render of the iconic Grace Jones. She may be a Slave to the Rhythm, but here she is a slave to the caricature.





















These two came to me after seeing a recent image from the eclectic but quite impressive Steamrobo. The one on the yellow pad is some kind of strange Oi! Clown, but wearing a shirt with the title of the debut album from funk-rock band Weapon of Choice (who I once saw open for Fishbone and whose leader is the brother of former Red Hot Chili Pepper, Arik Marshall), and as for the "Mechanical Legs, Mechanical Legs..." it's a line from a Kool Keith track on his album Black Elvis, Lost in Space. The other is just some prefect with a headache, hence the outburst of "OW! Pointy Thing!"




I cannot remember if the following was done on an issue of the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times (I prefer the FT of London anyway), but I just felt like responding to the question in the headline with another question.







Why Scribbleogue exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home